[AT] Questionable ignition coil

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Nov 6 11:44:09 PST 2019

I had an 80 model Suburban with 350 and GM HEI coil in the cap. I had
completely tuned it up and took a trip to Denver from OKC. I noticed
that at idle, there was always a sputter about every 10 seconds when
warm.   I checked everything, changed plugs, still had sputter.  The
coil was an O'reilly house brand.  I took it back, but no exchange on
electrical parts.  I put the original GM coil back in and it ran fine
for another 5 years and another engine until I retired the vehicle.
Cecil