[AT] Craftsman Tool Warranty

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Nov 3 13:02:44 PST 2019

In the late 70's Sears had a commercial tire & battery shop here in
OKC.  We had bought batteries from Sears for over 25 years.  We got a
good price on them from the commercial shop, better than the store.  If
we bought a tractor battery from the store and they found out it goes in
a tractor, they cut the warranty in half.  The commercial shop let us
keep the full warranty.  A few years later they went out of business and
we jumped around all over trying to get a good price on batteries.  I
now buy them from a local shop and they appear to be a good battery for
the money.  I probably go thru 30 batteries a year.  I get a lot of
tires from Your next tire in Nebraska, but they were bought out by
another tire shop and immediately raised prices.  My local Coop has
become a reliable source for common sized tires. The same thing has
happened to my local fuel supplier.  In business since the early 50's,
it was bought out by a large firm in Amarillo.  They came in, cut 2
warehouse/delivery guys, added a receptionist, replaced all the trucks,
put in a security system and got rid of the dogs that ran the yard at
night, and raised gas prices by 10cents and fuel by 20.  A barrel of oil
went up nearly $100.  The Coop looks to be my new fuel supplier.

Cecil