[AT] Craftsman Tool Warranty

szabelski at wildblue.net szabelski at wildblue.net
Sun Nov 3 08:55:19 PST 2019

About 6 years ago I had to return my Craftsman torque wrench, the beam was of by about 10 lbs. I took it to Sears and they replaced it no questions asked. I got a better deal since the one I had only read up to 100 ft-lbs. The replacement read up to 200 ft-lbs and also had a second scale that read metric nM.

I’ve read on line, and heard from others, that the when it comes to a store honoring the Craftsman warranty, the store doesn’t have to, it’s all up to them.  They can pick any reason for not doing so.

Once I had to return a punch that snapped in two. Went to Sears and they told me I had to bring back the entire set of punches because Sears no longer sold them individually. Had to put together a set with all the right sizes, but some were from different Craftsman sets, and you could tell by the markings/stampings on the punches (I’ve inherited some, lost others, ground some for special uses, etc.)  The salesman kind of gave me a look, but I did have all the sizes, so he gave honored the warranty.

I can’t remember exactly when I bought my last Craftsman tool. Probably been at least 30 years now, since that’s how long we’ve lived in it current house.