[AT] OT weed trees was Knowing when to call it a day

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 18 08:18:10 PST 2019

Honey Locust, Osage Orange, and multiflora grow in the Western Reserve where I grew up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connecticut_Western_Reserve

Aaron Dickinson AT List Member and soda blastor <a_dickinson at att.net>; My sister’s property in Texas has it all, Honey Locust, Osage orange, some sort of briar that jumps out and grabs you, and if the plants don’t get you then there are the chiggers and copperhead snakes.  Her Locust have the nice 4” thorns that keep the tire shop in business and her John Deere on flats.

Herb Metz AT List member <metz-h.b at comcast.net>; According to Wikipedia the honey locust is native to central north America and the thorns are 1 1/4" to 4" long.  We had couple hundred trees in our four acre yard consisting of trees, buildings and grass.  I readily remember where that one thorny honey locust tree grew.  Herb(GA)
.