[AT] Nice Tractor Day

Tyler Juranek tylerpolkaman at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 19:38:30 PST 2019

Hi all,
Today was an absolutely fantastic day outside here in the portion of
Iowa where I live. It was supposed to get up to at least 60 today. Not
sure if it did, but the temps were outstanding. Dad and I worked
outside all day cleaning out the shed. As you might imagine, it did
include moving the tractors out.
I did get the John Deere A going today and got it out and wiped it
down with rags and let it run outside for about two hours or so. It
wanted to only run on #2 today, so if I had to put money on it I think
the mag cap is probably dirty or something. It isn't getting any juice
to the number 1 cylinder. If it does, it isn't for long.
We also moved all of dad's tractors out. He has the Farmall 966, an
886, a New Holland, and the little Oliver 550. Of course my 770 diesel
also came out, but not until later.
While we were reorganizing things inside, our neighbor from up the
road came over. I like to call him "Grandpa Bob", since he is one of
those "grandpa to everybody" guys that's always hanging around. He
took all the tractors down the road, with the exception of my 770.
We had a nice visit also and reminisced about all of the good times
we've all had with the old iron.
Bob always likes to drive the 550 that dad bought this July, so now we
call it Bob's 550. Hahahaha.
After we were about done with everything, I did get the 770 out for a
joyride. As you all might remember, I am visually impaired so it does
have a buddy seat on it. I like to call the person who rides with me
the "navigator" as all they do is assist me in knowing which way to
go. I attached a picture here of it also. The buddy seat was
originally built for my Oliver 88, but when I sold the 88 I kept it
and use it on my 770 now. If you look closely, you can see the shed in
the background along with a tree at the neighbors.
It was taken by the road.
All in all, it was a fantastic and fun-filled day! Probably the last
nice one for awhile, as it is supposed to get down into the 30s
tonight, snow flurries tomorrow, and 15 on Monday morning!
Anyone else doing any tractor related activities this weekend?
Take Care,
Tyler Juranek
IA