[AT] Ferguson TO-20 back home

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 02:09:19 PST 2019

We went over to the Super Kroger store south of Indy and picked up my TO-20
and our neighbor's AC WD-45 Saturday evening. You may recall that they were
part of a large fall pumpkin display there for about a month.
The TO-20 wouldn't fire a lick so I checked the fuel and all was well so I
glanced at the distributor. I may not be real bright some days but when I
saw the distributor end of the #2 spark plug wire shoved down in the center
hole of the distributor cap I had a pretty good idea where to start...  :-)
The distributor end of the coil wire was in a spark plug wire hole,
presumably #2.  Swapping those made it start but it still wasn't right. Son
Scott swapped another wire and it ran "better" but not perfect. It was too
dang cold and windy to mess with it any more there and it ran well enough
to drive it on the trailer.
The WD-45 had a dead battery due it not having a removable key and the
ignition switch being turned on a couple of times. It started with a
battery booster pack but just barely. It was really dead and the post
connections were pretty sad. We dropped the AC off at the neighbor's house
then the Ferguson at my house. I didn't even look at it when we got it
home, it was time to eat and you have to get your priorities right.  :-)
I'll run it in the shop today after lunch and give it a quick checking
over. I have really missed that tractor. I probably won't do that next year
or at least not that long or over Halloween.
.
The wind is quiet right now (about 5 AM Sunday) but last week some days it
was almost too windy at times to haul rocks...
Heard from one of our daughters who lives in northern Vermont (Fairfax) and
their house was losing some of its wood siding in screaming winds. I think
that was about Friday.
I think list member Allen Nadeau (sorry, I know that is likely spelled
wrong Allen) lives in northern Vermont? I hope all is well there.

.

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA