[AT] leakdown tester was Charles Sorensen not a tractor man

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 2 18:11:28 PDT 2019

Here is a tool for compression leakdown testing.

https://www.tooltopia.com/otc-tools-5609.aspx?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&scid=scbplpOTC5609&sc_intid=OTC5609

[ Cecil Bearden] In response to an earlier post....     A V-8 will never have the torque of an Inline engine.  There is just not enough room to swing the crankshaft.  I have a 78 Ford F-350 with a 400 small block.  I am in the process of rebuilding it with a set of Keith Black Pistons that will raise the compression ratio to a decent level.  This engine has the longest stroke of a production v-8 gasoline engine.  When produced in 1978, this engine was designed with pistons that had a compression distance that did not allow the piston to go to the top of the block. This was to lower compression for emissions.  The new design has reliefs for the valves and will raise the compression to about 9 to 1.  With some more tweaks I can raise the compression to 10 to 1.  It will have a propane system so I don't have to worry about running pump gas.