[AT] Borg warner turbos

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Wed May 15 00:08:57 PDT 2019

James,

When I lived in Russia most of the tractors there were Belarus tractors built in Minsk, Belarus. There was not much serious competition in that market. Looks like Kamaz wanted to get into the tractor business and made a deal to Aguirre the design and capacity in England.

I have been to the Kamaz truck factory several time. I have also been to the “company dealer” Riat several times in the same town (Naberzerhnye Chelny ). I have seem some of the race trucks being fit up there for the race. Kamaz typically does well in that race.

To me it sounds like politics got in the way of the race, which is a sad thing to me. There could also be some more legitimate issues other than the race that may effect using BW turbos.

Dennis

Sent from my iPad