[AT] Diesel rated oi/ Gasoline powered engine?

Carl Gogol cgogol1971 at gmail.com
Sun May 26 06:39:43 PDT 2019

Without thinking, I just drained my "new" 1968 IH-140 and filled it with
Rotella 15W-40 T4 Diesel rated oil.
It is one of those "All Fleet" oils and I  was easily led astray by that
slogan.  Of course I carefully read the label once the jug was empty.
What would you do?  Drain and replace or leave it in and replace it next
year?  Are the additives all that different?
The IH 140 is an old state road clipper with a side mount "HydroClipper"
sickle bar mower.  The engine sounds really tight and absent of any sounds
common from a long used engine.  It will probably get less than 20 hours use
in a year.
Carl in rainy Mallkus NY