[AT] 6000 psi hydraulics

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Fri May 17 06:25:00 PDT 2019

This link explains the SAE Flange connections.

https://www.parker.com/parkerimages/euro_tfd/cat/english/Katalog%20PDFs/Flanges/FLANGES.pdf

I remember some years back reading that Cat had developed 6000 psi hydraulic fittings which allowed Cat and other brands of equipment to operate with 6000 psi hydraulic systems. Parker now sells their version.

https://www.sae.org/publications/technical-papers/content/760685/

[Cecil Bearden] Took delivery of a Cat D6D yesterday.  My early Father's Day present.  It has a cab, but w/ an air conditioner that is gonna need a lot of work...   My old dozer was a D6 8U series about 1952 model...  This is like the difference between a 4020 and a TO-30!!   Our old red clay is a pain to try to move with anything, but this machine can move a bunch of it.  I have been busy with building crossings over the creeks.  the cows use them more than I do.  It is so wet here that cattle go down to their knees when within 6 feet of the water.   Worked about 5 hours today with the D6D and the 944 loader and built a crossing about 4 ft above the creek and 100 ft long with a 24 in pipe.  I dug fill out of a 100 yr old railroad embankment with the dozer and hauled it with the 944...     I love Cat equipment, its the gift that keeps on giving!!!!