[AT] Was Case VAC throttle spring thingy...Now filters

Gunnells, Brad R brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu
Wed May 15 06:22:33 PDT 2019

In this case I often like to go to http://wixfilters.com/ and look at the filter specs. I don’t know about the VAC and it’s filter specifics so can’t comment on it specifically.

Several years ago I acquired an old 93 Mercury Sable that the kids drove to high school. I later bought and fixed up a few Toyota Camry’s (3 to date) and wife has a Avalon. I did some looking and the specs on the Mercury filter were the same as the Toyota. The only difference was the can size was shorter on the Toyota. Otherwise micron rating, oil pressure bypass, gasket, etc. were all the same. I did a little more checking and the filter on my 20HP Kohler on my Exmark mower can use that same filter. So now I order Wix (because I think they’re a quality filter) filters in bulk from Rock Auto. Saves me from having 4 different ones on the shelf now.  ☺

Brad