[AT] AT Digest, Vol 16, Issue 1

STEVE ALLEN steveallen855 at centurytel.net
Thu May 2 09:48:11 PDT 2019

First of all, thanks for all the replies so far!

Second, I am intrigued by this suggestion to use a helicoil.  I have no experience with them, and, honestly, I thought they were just for spark plugs.  I had no idea (until I looked) that they can be used in such a wide variety of applications.  This does appear to be a viable option, but I don't need one of the complete sets with many options or lots of supplies.  In fact, it seems wasteful to buy the bit and other installation tools for this single use.  I wonder if, say, O'Reily's has them in their tool loan list. . . . .

The "original" Steve Allen