[AT] towing tractors with a pickup

Kenneth Gene Waugh kgwaugh0943 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 14:06:30 PDT 2019

Illinois does vary renewal based on age: "*Drivers* who are aged 21 to 80
will *have* to complete an *Illinois license renewal* every four years,
while those aged 81 to 86 will *need to renew* every two years. If *you* are
over age 87, *you* will *have to renew* every year."

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 3:31 PM Indiana Robinson <robinson46176 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> You don't have to have a driver's license to drive anything anywhere as
> long as you don't get stopped...  :-)  :-)  :-)
> I don't recommend that... but I have known a few guys that have gone for
> years without a license. They don't make older drivers take a test here
> anymore but at one time they required both a written test and an in car
> driving test for older drivers. Many could not pass the testing (or just
> feared they couldn't) and just let it expire but kept driving. As long as
> they had the skills they never got stopped. Once they got stopped the
> police watched for them to be out. There was a lot of looking the other way
> unless they seemed dangerous.
> They did away with those test both from claims of age discrimination and a
> complete lack of actuarial statistics proving that the older drivers were
> any more of a risk than the younger drivers.
> It turned out that the big problem was not the old drivers nor the teens
> but it was the road rage guys... They then started several state wide
> programs watching for and tracking "belligerent" drivers.
>
> Indiana has the same drug problems as everyplace else but there is a huge
> amount of drugs that just cross the state, mostly from the south-east to
> the north. Almost all big cross country drug bust here are made out on the
> interstate highways or near an interchange and they are almost all because
> the driver did something really stupid like running more than 10 MPH over
> the limit or running a stop sign. The other dumb attack is the same one
> that nabs many drunk drivers, driving too slow...  :-)
>

> .
>
> On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 9:09 AM Steve W. <swilliams268 at frontier.com>
> wrote:
>
>> James Peck wrote:
>> > Does the implements of husbandry exemption allow people without
>> > drivers licenses to operate farm tractors on the highways?
>> >

>> In NY at least you don't need a license for any farm equipment as long
>> as it has the SMV sign on it. Just like the Amish don't have drivers
>> licenses to operate their buggies because they are exempt.
>>
>> --
>> Steve W.
>>

> --
> --