[AT] towing tractors with a pickup

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Mar 27 22:04:15 PDT 2019

You could align it all day long, but with those balloon tires on the
rear and Oklahoma's rough roads, it was a prescription for disaster.
The tow bar was very heavy and hooked in the holes in the adjustable
axle.  Tractors are unstable at more than 20mph.  I had a Moline G1000
that would run 30mph, but when it got to bouncing you could not hold it
in the road..  The short wheelbase combined with the big tires are just
not something you tow at high speeds.

Cecil