[AT] Blocking front loader arms up

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 27 08:31:01 PDT 2019

35 years ago, working on equipment in a Caterpillar plant in a bucket lift, a hydraulic hose broke and a coworker came down pretty fast. I am told some of the newer models have a feature to prevent that.

In stamping, mechanical stop blocks are inserted to allow people to work in the dies. Attached plugs on chains disable the press when the stop blocks are used. Sounds like a practice of mechanically blocking front loader arms up needs to be implemented. We all know hydraulic valves can leak or stick..

https://www.rurallifestyledealer.com/articles/8151-accident-at-landmark-equipment-results-in-two-deaths

https://harryferguson.blogspot.com
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/5103068/