[AT] reproduction parts

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Wed Mar 20 12:40:29 PDT 2019

I have a Lulzbot  Taz6  3-D printer. It’s a fairly nice 3-D printer, and I have experimented a lot with it(won it at a professional raffle).  As Steve says choices of flexible materials are limited and expensive and are not generally “seal-like”.

I did make a part for a magneto for Brice. Not sure if he ever used it.  He needed something non-conductive and otherwise made out of unobtanium so 3d printing fit the bill.

Right now I see the most common advantage is for making molds for casts, prototypes for parts that will ultimately be manufactured using other materials and processes,  and dinosaurs for your grandson :-)

https://www.lulzbot.com/store/printers/lulzbot-taz-6

Stuff you can make:

https://www.thingiverse.com/

Spencer Yost