[AT] OT Mercury pickups

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 9 17:25:33 PST 2019

Link says Mercury and Fargo pickups were sold in Mexico.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/educate-me-please-on-m1-m-100-trucks-mercury-trucks-in-canada.429240/

10 year old Jimmy, aka Jaimito, very definitely read "Mercury" on those pickups.

[Ralph] As far as I know Mercury trucks were unique to Canada. The one in my  yard is a 3/4 or one ton with the "widow maker" 17 inch wheels. Ford of Canada used their own unique designation for the different models.  From 48 to about 1952 the half tons were F 47 to indicate 4700 pound GVW. Mine is an M68 (Mercury with 6800 GVW rating) They used that system right up to the big ones like the F and M 155 (15500 GVW rating).

[James]  I saw Mercury (53-56 Ford F100  lookalike) and Fargo pickups in Guadalajara in 1958. Is your Mercury an F100?