[AT] Tractor based tree pruning

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Mar 7 19:30:13 PST 2019

On 3/5/2019 9:54 PM, Cecil Bearden wrote:
> I have watched one of these on a tracked machine work in a swamp.  It
> had an 80ft reach and the operator could trim within 1 foot of power
> lines...  It took guts, but this guy had ran that machine for over 5
> years....  He could do about 2 miles a day..
> Cecil
>
> What they used on some of our land a few years back was more of a tree
> destroyer than pruner. Name on the side was "Gyro-Track" and it was a
> tracked vehicle with a

high speed drum up front swinging flail chains. It chopped good sized
trees down into slivers and chips. I think he had a few problems with
barbed wire wrapping on the drum

as it was clearing up an old fence line. This was done in March as it
was the only time they could go down the whole fence line without
running through mud and water in the

the sloughs. I got some drone video of it working.

https://youtu.be/-NP5qS4b2K4

Ralph in Sask.

---
https://www.avg.com