[AT] OT Weather

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Thu Mar 7 05:02:40 PST 2019

> I spent the last 2 days with some tree trimmers cutting trees from our
> service line to the house and also taking out a tree about 8 ft from
> the front of hte house that had several old wounds from Ice aand
> tornadoes that had not healed properly.   Also had some bark beetles I
> did not know about...

We had a heavy wet snow last fall that came early and caught our trees
with a lot of leafy vegetation due to late rains, I lost my work area
shade tree, and several shade trees around the house. My biggest fear
now is we will get the trees leafed out this spring and then get a wet
mid April snow.  Historically we have had some snows as late as April
20.  They are very wet. and pile up on the corner posts as high as 4
inches.

When I built our house back in 1985 we had over 20 trees in the 1.5 acre
yard area.  Thanks to ice storms and snow, we now have 8.  I had the
tree trimmers cut the trees back a lot.  It should last 10 years.  I
will be 75 then, and probably have to hire someone to cut the trees
back.  Hopefully in 10 years I can still work in the snorklelift
bucket....  This getting old ain't no fun....

Cecil