[AT] John Deere and a local connection

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Tue Mar 26 20:28:56 PDT 2019

Out of desperation to get this back to tractors:

I have known this for probably two decades or more, but I don’t think I have ever mentioned it on this on the list. Raymond Loewy, who was instrumental with Henry Dreyfuss in styling many tractors, including John Deere, was hired(or rather his firm) by a local business here in Winston-Salem to design their building.

The building is known as the Loewy building, and recently received a refurbishment.  I’ll let your Google skills lead you to the relevant links.

On a personal note, my wife, as a teenager and when we were first married, worked in that building.  On a even more personal note, she fashioned a Christmas ornament out of paper clips during a slow spell at work while in that building. We still hang that ornament on our Christmas tree.

Spencer Yost