[AT] IH Fast Hitch

Brian VanDragt bvandragt at comcast.net
Sun Mar 3 21:59:35 PST 2019

Speaking of clutch operation, I have tractors with five different clutch configurations which makes me nervous that someday I will forget what I am driving and not be able to stop. I've got some with the traditional left foot clutch pedal,  some JDs with their standard vertical right hand clutch lever, but some orchard JDs with horizontal clutch levers that you pull up on to engage. A JD 2020 Orchard which has a left-handed vertical clutch lever, and a Caterpillar D4 orchard with a left-handed vertical clutch lever that operates backwards from the JD's.Brian
-------- Original message --------From: HERBERT METZ <metz-h.b at comcast.net> Date: 3/3/19  3:31 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Antique Tractor Email Discussion Group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>, Herbert Metz <metz-h.b at comcast.net> Subject: Re: [AT] IH Fast Hitch Dean, I agree with you that John Deeres were very good tractors; I worked many a ten hour day operating the neighbors John Deere A or B plowing, discing, listing, or baling.  Never a problem or concern.The important thing that I always had to keep in mind was 'pushing the clutch lever backward' on a John Deere to stop whereas as on our 1938 CC Case one 'pushed the clutch lever forward' to stop. Herb(GA)On March 3, 2019 at 1:25 PM deanvp at att.net wrote:  Ok guys back on track here. 😊 I have never understood why the other brands needed so many cylinders when two did such a good job!  😊