[AT] Compressor Problems

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Jun 9 10:12:20 PDT 2019

Obviously I am going to have to get inside it.  I had hoped  that maybe
when I had to replace the little regulator that works in the first stage
that maybe it needs more pressure to keep the vanes from chattering.  In
rotary vane refrig compressors, back pressure keeps the vane against the
rotor.   In this case, the vane rotates and the center of the rotor
would have to be the pressurized side.  The sump is about 30 gallons.
Cecil