[AT] List quiet!! Everyone OK, or just waterlogged???

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Jun 3 06:14:10 PDT 2019

On 6/3/2019 6:37 AM, Cecil Bearden wrote:

> It sure has been quiet on the list lately....   I everybody
> waterlogged like we are, or just exhausted from the humidity. Al Roker
> just said with the weak ElNino through the summer, and the Pacific Jet
> stream over dropping over Texas, we will be wet all summer.........
> Hopefully we will get a few days to cut and bale hay if I an get it
> sprayed for weeds...
>
> Cecil

Waterlogged? I wish. I hardly remember what the sound of rain on the
roof is like. We have just been through the driest 3 month period on
record with no real rain relief in sight.

They keep forecasting showers a week away and they don't happen. All of
Sask. is under high fire risk. Crops (except canola) are coming out of
the ground in hopes of rain to keep

them going and I wonder how long they will last. Grass is trying but so
far I could cut my hay field with a lawn mower. I'm leaving a field of
chem fallow (unsprayed) for my small

herd to supplement their usual pasture so they should be ok. The bison
herd are being fed a hay bale or two fairly regularly as the grass can't
keep up with them.

Enough complaining I guess. I remember complaining about the mud a few
years ago too.

Ralph in Sask.

---
https://www.avg.com