[AT] OT don't take any Buffalo Nickels was List quiet!! Everyone OK, or just waterlogged???

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 22 21:38:37 PDT 2019

I was on a work related trip to a location along the old Erie Railroad right of way in western New York about 10 years ago and heard a man rant about the shortcomings of English speakers. He was upset that Beau Fleur had become Buffalo. This source says that is fake info.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100616152325AAZECYp

[Dean VP Snohomish, WA 98290] I'm sure "Buffalo Bill might disagree with this. 😊

[szabelski at wildblue.net  The correct terminology is “BISON”.  Bison are members of the bovine group “BUFFALO”.  Bison are native to North and South America. Buffalo are native to Africa and Asia ( i.e.: Water Buffalo, etc).

[James Peck] I was in a place where the TV was playing "Highway Through Hell" a few days ago. They were towing and removing vehicles and big loads on the Alaskan Highway. When they drove by a herd of what my first instinct would be to call "Buffalo", the Canadian accented truckers called them "Bison".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_bison

The show had some WW2 shots of tracked tractors pulling pan scrapers in the building of the highway.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highway_Thru_Hell

[Ralph]  <snip>The bison herd are being fed a hay bale or two fairly regularly as the grass can't keep up with them. <snip>

---