[AT] Combine Attack

HERBERT METZ metz-h.b at comcast.net
Thu Jan 10 14:54:17 PST 2019

Several years ago a deer ran into the driver's side of a car passing by our house; broke the windshield, knocked off the side mirror, and shattered the driver's door window. Inside the car was a mess of broken glass. The deer left the scene.  The investigating deputy told us that during rutting season be especially alert for a deer crossing in front of you as there may be another deer close behind; that was the situation in accident.
Nature can be so wonderful to observe; the Creator sure created many wonders.
Years ago we developed a nice Kentucky Bluegrass yard in Indiana. A couple years later
there became a 6'x 6' spot unmowed in the middle of the front yard, which was
soon noticed by several neighbors. They all agreed when told that was temporary
home to a mother rabbit with several young. She was nursing the young when I first
discovered her. I was unaware they frequently lay on their tummies while nursing so
they remain in a vigilant position.
Herb(GA)