[AT] MM ULDX

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Jan 26 18:05:50 PST 2019

On 1/26/2019 7:28 PM, Rena Glover Goss wrote:
> This is not a good photo, but gives an idea of the sort of thing you see in other countries and cultures.  This shows traffic on the main road from Beijing to its airport in 1984.  At that time their national speed limit on highways was 15 MPH. Farm tractors were everywhere, and all had enclosed cabs with multiple seats.  The country has modernized considerably since then, but the intense activity in agriculture is still there.  Two-wheel tractors powered with hit'n miss engines were being used in urban areas with open trailers in lieu of pickup trucks.
>
> Larry

Those cabs and tractors remind me of when the first Belarus tractors
showed up here in Canada about the early 70s. They were a bit crude and
primitive compared to

the latest U.S. built machinery but they were cheap horsepower. I still
see the odd one around here.

Ralph in Sask.

---
https://www.avg.com