[AT] Case 995

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Jan 23 06:17:16 PST 2019

David Brown was an old line English company that made many big drives
for ships.  Their tractors were very well built and reliable.   In the
early 70's I worked at a tractor shop that had been a David Brown dealer
before Tenneco Case bought them out.  We had a DB 990 that had a
Westendorf Loader and box blade on it that stayed out on rentals to a
developer who built apartments.  The only problem we had with it was the
clutch.  The flywheel had been re-surfaced, but the mounting bosses on
the flywheel had not been resurfaced the same amount and so the clutch
pressure was reduced.  After that problem was found we had no more
problems. The transmission was  very well built and as I remember had
herringbone teeth on the bull gears...  The 995 was the 990 after Case
took over David Brown tractor production.

Cecil