[AT] OT more stone crushing

John Maddock agtronixjv at southcom.com.au
Wed Jan 16 14:11:43 PST 2019

It's many years since I visited this area of South Australia, but my
memory is that the local rock is limestone. As I understand, until it is
exposed to to atmosphere, it is reasonably soft and easy to work - most
houses are built of it.

If the machine pictured is crushing rocks up to 12" deep, I presume it is
working in the manner of a rotary hoe, rather than a jawed crusher,
perhaps aided by the presumed relative softness of the rock.

Yeoman (the company which built the Graeme Holme chisel plow in Aus) once
manufactured the Tritter, a swinging hammer type rock crusher which was
used to create road gravel using rocks deposited on the site of the road.
They are no longer seen; no idea why!

JV