[AT] Was Theft of horse rescue equipment. Now farm trailers we want stolen.

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Sun Jan 13 17:45:41 PST 2019

I once had a trailer that was so bad I wasn’t afraid it would break down. I was afraid it would disintegrate so violently it would create a black hole and swallow the universe.

It came with my property.  The white oak bed was 50 years old probably, the running gear was from some home shop and involved an axle from some unidentified vehicle. I do know it was originally used to haul corn out of the field, back in the age of corn pickers according to a neighbor who knew the trailer.  To steal your euphemism Farmer, I was pretty sure I could see the air in the tires. But I must admit I didn’t have to top off the air all that often.

I used it a little to haul branches and whatnot.   I would also take the church youth group on Halloween hayride, and we can set up scary “points of interest“.   So I do have a few good memories of the trailer.  I’m damn lucky that all of them didn’t fall through and get run over.

I almost put it up at the top of the road.  I’d would’ve put a sign on it saying “for sale:  try it free for 10 days.  If you like it, leave $100 in the mailbox after 10 days.   Honor system”.  It was so bad I figured no one would steal it so I let the scrap man have it for $25 back when scrap steel was high and they were coming around.   I got rid of my AC All-Crop  at the same time.  And the deal was he had to take the half rotten bed too. (-:

Spencer Yost

> On Jan 13, 2019, at 8:10 PM, Indiana Robinson <robinson46176 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'll pass it along here Cecil...
> I also have one pasture boarding client who has a lot of connections both at and away from the track and around several states.
>
> I don't worry much about trailer theft. They would first have to change 2 or 3 tires. If it was dark they would be pulled over for no lights and in daylight no plate.
> Then they would have  to have wrenches to operate that "temporary" repair to the coupler.
> That is a lot of trouble for a $100 trailer with bad fenders and holes in the floor...   :-)
>
> .
>
>> On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 5:40 PM Mike M <meulenms at gmx.com> wrote:
>> Thanks, hopefully, as specialized as some of that equipment is, they'll be stupid enough to post it to Craigslist.
>>
>> Mike M
>>
>>> On 1/13/2019 1:32 PM, Cecil Bearden wrote:
>>> Mike:  It was a LOT of stuff it is listed on their facebook page that pops up with the link:  http://www.olafr.org/
>>>
>>> A list below:
>>>
>>> Ropes and Rescue Equipment
>>> Large Animal Rescue Glide with supporter glide and straps - 1
>>> Rope: RNR ½" Poseiden HTP Static Orange - 200'
>>> Rope: Sterling ½" Superstatic White - 200'
>>> Rope: New England ½" White/Blue tracer - 200'
>>> 3" x 30' Rescue Straps - 6
>>> 7 mm Prussik Cord - 50'
>>> Metolius Prussik Set (28" & 47½") - 1
>>> Sterling Mil-Spec Sling 1" Nylon Webbing Sling - 6
>>>
>>> Carabiners And Hardware
>>> Screwgate NFPA G-Rated - 10
>>> Kong XL Double Locking Steel - 5
>>> Omega Steel Screwgate NFPA G-Rated - 10
>>> 2" Double Pulley - G-Rated - 2
>>> 2" Double Swivel Pulley - G-Rated - 2
>>>
>>> Safety, Veterinary, Tarps, Fencing and Misc. Equip.
>>> Barta Approved Manta Helmet (with logos and text) - 8
>>> Kimzey Splint - 1
>>> Shank's Surgical Recovery Hood - 1
>>> 8x10 Canvas Tarp - 2
>>> 6x8 Canvas Tarp - 2