[AT] Some background to your tire/ rim issue.

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Thu Jan 10 20:12:55 PST 2019

Hey Joe,

I wanted to mention that regardless of what you’ve said about the weather, the tractor is an amazingly good condition.  And you must’ve done well with the tarping and covering. The sheet-metal shows less than average  surface rust for the most part.  Only one place in the front nose grill at the very bottom is rusted through - but they all did that.   The stamping thinned out that 90 degree fold something fierce(and it tended to hold debris and moisture).

Only the right wheels showed heavy weathering and the front right is still acceptable and solid.

Also it is very clear this is a very low hour tractor.  It had to have been used very little. Everything is very tight and solid, there’s no play in the transmission and gearing, etc.  The only place where I see something that is indicative of its age is the gearshift. That nose cone the shift lever travels in always wore grooves in the gearshift lever of these tractors and this has it as well.

The steering needs work but they all do.  The pin of the u-joint under the dash is working it’s way out and the the steering bolster at the front needs attention.  After steering I think I have the tractor 100% - least as far as function, completeness, and serious concerns(aka wheel) are concerned. I have a few maintenance items left too.  For example I haven’t swapped out the hydraulic fluid yet.

Spencer Yost