[AT] OT shifting blame

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 27 09:15:11 PST 2019

In 2000 I interviewed for a  job in the Youngstown area. I do not get every job I interview for. That region had the lowest housing prices in the US, leftover from the eighties.. In the earlier eighties Youngstown went from having the greatest concentration of steelmaking outside of the Ruhr to almost none. When demand drops, higher cost producers are in a jam. That was the same recession that impacted IH, MF, and AC.

[Cecil Bearden] <snip> That town is no different that every other factory town that lost the main workplace when the manufacturer went offshore, or just went belly up <snip>