[AT] Update on the MF 1155

Al Jones farmallsupera1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 19:59:23 PST 2019

I owned an IH 856 for several years.  I purchased it from a fellow ag.
teacher in the northeast part of NC.  It was a full-throttle monster!  I
have always been partial to the 66 series tractors but it was too nice to
pass up. However, I didn't even crank it for over a year and it was needing
a few things so I sold it last year to another ag teacher friend.  It now
has a fairly easy life but does get to work once in a while.

The trick to owning a big tractor like that is to buy one that is as good
mechanically as you can.  Major repairs get EXPENSIVE fast.  The 361/407
dry sleeve engines in the 806 and 856 will run a long time but they are
expensive to overhaul.  The 66 series engines are much cheaper to work on.

One day, I would like to own a nice 766.

Al