[AT] Hydraulic cylinder rebuild.

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Feb 24 17:54:50 PST 2019

My old E110B Cat trackhoe started leaking at one of the two boom
cylinders today.   Luckily Cat has a wear bushing on the piston that
keeps it from scoring the cylinder when the seal goes.   I rebuilt the
outside one 5 or 6 years ago.  They are a 6 inch cylinder x 4ft long
with a 2.5 inch rod.  Everything Metric.  The last time I rebuilt one I
made a wrench for the rod nut from an Autocad drawing and cut it with
the plasma cutter then put it inside a 8 ft piece of Drill stem.  I used
a 2 inch dia. shaft to hold the rod end.  Held the rod down with one
loader and used another to push the wrench down.   Too much torque
required for my 1 inch impact wrench.

A fellow opened up a hydraulic cylinder repair shop about 15 miles away,
he might get this one.

Cecil