[AT] 8.9 liter Perkins was collection dynamics.

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat Feb 23 04:59:50 PST 2019

The high pressure 3000+psi for lift, the 1500+ for steering and then the
+/-500psi for multi power clutches controls and PTO controls.   We had
one for several years.  MF left out a snap ring in the PTO clutch and it
did not work for the original owner.  It was 6 years old when we bought
it.  We had to pull the cab and the top deck to find the problem.  A few
years later my Dad put the wrong oil in the hydraulics and the multi
power and PTO started to have problems.   Later found the o-rings were
going bad and to repair meant nearly a complete disassembly of the
tractor.   It went to Mexico.

A few years later we bought a 7030 Allis Chalmers to replace that
tractor.  The Allis has the same features and a few more, but only one
pressure system.   After I sealed off the dash to get the Air
conditioner working it was  very good tractor and very simple. The
problem with it now is a large diameter o-ring in the main clutch is
going bad.  It means a split of the tractor, but can be repaired for a 2
day job...

I really liked that 1155 Massey, but it developed so many problems and
used so much fuel it was a pain.  The V-8 has to be kept running above
1900 rpm or it gets hot...    Our 1155 was built while Massey was having
a lot of problems.  I grew up in a MF dealership, and I bled red & grey,
had red & grey underwear too.  But that 1155 we had just ruined Massey
as far as I am concerned.   They got more complicated than necessary.

Cecil in OKla