[AT] Fordson Dexta

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 22 21:40:50 PST 2019

http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6759&sid=f103d88efd9e24e04a94d04137f13055

The township I grew up in got a Fordson Major around 1960. It was outfitted with a loader and backhoe. It was probably the first TLB they had. I can remember hearing the man who operated the single axle Galion road grader, the single axle Chevy dump with snow plow blade, and the  Fordson Major TLB speak approvingly of it.

I have seen multiple Fordson Majors in my lifetime, only the one Dexta.

I am guessing the success of the Fordson Major in the US market led to Ford going to a single tractor line.

http://www.lutje-ford.nl/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Ford-Dexta-Parts-Manual-.pdf

I haven't seen the man I know who worked in Ford tractor parts publications for about 6 months. I believe a Whole Foods is now in the area where the building was.

I saw a Fordson Dexta in 1982 at the former Airco Carbide plant in Louisville, Kentucky. It was connected to a rotary mower but was sitting with a pool of oil under it. There are some interesting aspects of working in a calcium carbide plant. The link mentions that the Dexta was a copy of a gray Ferguson and likely a better tractor.

http://tractorblogger.blogspot.com/2009/02/origins-of-modern-tractor-part-9-of-10.html

Are there Meccano pieces in that tractor model shown next to Harry

http://tractorblogger.blogspot.com/2009/02/origins-of-modern-tractor-part-1-of-10.html

https://harryferguson.blogspot.com
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/5103068/