[AT] Portland

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Fri Feb 22 20:00:57 PST 2019

I emailed TW Cooke recently and he thought there might be some conflicts with some things he’s doing. Not sure he’s going to make it.

Just a heads up for everyone. Coordinating our large camping area actually requires that we call in favors to directors. The last few years we were fortunate enough to have a list member, Gene Dotson, as the camping director. He has done tremendous work for us over the years and has always been a big reason why the gathering has been a success.  He is our “wagonmaster“ and has done a superb job.

While he will continue to help coordinate and reserve areas for us this year.  One of the great side benefits of this is being able to provide help to the show.  Generally some  ATIS  subscribers put in a few hours or a half a day helping out. We have always had a very close relationship with the show. I know Steve and Tim help out on the sawmill most all days. I have done everything from manning the trailer parking area, to manning the back gate, to pulling a tram (show attendee transit) with my tractor and pulling people out of the mud one wet year with my Oliver 77 diesel.  I have even helped out on the sawmill myself. It has always been a source of pride that ATIS has been part of the success of the largest engine/tractor show on earth.

So I encourage everyone to come. It’s not just wandering around looking at old iron. It’s fellowship, activities, volunteerism, and if you’re lucky you’ll even get to meet Checkers. :-). If you don’t know who Checkers is, you’ll just have to come to the show to find out. It’s worth the trip just to meet him.

If you want to hotel room, Motel 6 is best. But those rooms probably are going very fast and you’ll want to make those reservations now. If you’re camping, you don’t have to have the exact details right now but please let Gene know so he can begin letting the show folks know how large of an area we need.

As for camping information, Gene has summarized it pretty well. The campground bath houses are well taken care of.  This is a great campground, a great show and a ton of fun. You do not want to miss it.

I have so much stuff I want to take, I just don’t know how I’m going to get it all up there (-;

Spencer Yost