[AT] Ford Major Diesel

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Fri Feb 22 15:19:03 PST 2019

Farmer referred to a Fordson Major  Diesel. I don't know if it is the
same tractor but our neighbor had what we called a Major Diesel. It was
painted blue and he bought it new about 60 years ago. He had a loader on
it (trip bucket) and used it all the time. It was not his main tractor
(a 2 cylinder JD was, not sure of the size but letter series) but the
tractor he put the most hours on. He didn't do heavy tillage with it but
did loader work, pulled a one row corn picker and planted with it (2 row
3 pt. planter) as well as pulling wagons,etc. . Oh, I almost forgot, the
last ten years or so he farmed he traded the JD for a row crop Ford 5000
Diesel. I haven't seen the Major in about 5 years when his son was
driving it, but I will say that in its whole life it never spent a
single day under a roof.
     Greg Hass