[AT] OT Zombie Deer Disease

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 17 11:43:09 PST 2019

There are deer being farmed in Michigan behind high mesh fencing. They look overcrowded to me. Deer may be on the route to being a semi-domesticated farm animal.

I do not know if tractors are involved in the effort in any way except growing food for them. I am not sure what they are being fed.

Where I grew up, deer increased when the farmland grew over with brush, Deer eat the brush they can reach. Tall woods leaves them with little to eat because they can't reach the small diameter edible branches.

http://www.whatdodeereat.info/

The culling of deer in Ann Arbor Michigan is partially due to the deer munching on lawn shrubbery.

[ Cecil Bearden] CWD showed up in a big herd of Elk that a guy brought in here and put on a 1/4 section.  It appears when the animals are overcrowded.  Maybe there are more deer than normal for them to exist..

[Mark Johnson]  It's apparently been found here in Missouri, just recently - there  have been mandatory checks for CWD for several years now, but no cases  until the last few months that I can recall. I'm no hunter, but it's sad to see this affecting our wildlife.

[Bradford] I've heard of CWD. Only in reading in Hunting magazines however. By  the map in your article, Wyoming looks to be in really sad shape. California is clear to this point. Our Black tail aren't very big by  comparison, but still good eating. Brad