[AT] Old tractor question

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Wed Feb 13 14:38:23 PST 2019

Greg,

I think the narrow fronts were used more with corn and similar crops. They could cultivate with them, and mount pickers, etc.
Early wide fronts many times were not adjustable, and worked fine for plowing wheat fields.
Later wide fronts had width adjustments, so they could be set to cultivate row crop type plants. With this adjustment, plus row crop headers on combines fr harvesting, the need for a narrow front tractor went away.

Thanks,
Dennis

Sent from my iPad