[AT] Antique Kubotas

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 9 19:55:56 PST 2019

The Hondas from the early 70s were not quality cars. I remember a friend with head gasket problems.

[John Hall] I may own one of those orange things one day, but it won't be a very old one. We got suckered into working on one a few years back that was 25-30 years old. Local dealer support sucked. Had to get parts from the northeast. Called every phone number I could find until I got in touch with an older factory service tech.---nobody new what head gasket to sell us. We kept getting the run around about possible "gray market" tractors. The parts guys were groaning just as soon as we gave them the model number. If its old, I'll take IH or Deere any day over orange.

[ James Peck] I can remember driving by a Kubota dealership for the first time in 1970 on the way to take a military physical.  The tractors sitting on that lot in 1970 would now be 49 years old.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-01-21/deere-bests-kubota-as-u-s-tractor-sales-revive