[AT] McCormick, not a FIAT

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Sat Feb 9 18:05:44 PST 2019

Was this South Pole reenactment for, or at least filmed and used by, the Sir Edmund Hillary TV special? I watched that very recently, and marveled at how life-like the situation and the tractors scenes were.   So your post helps me to understand why the the scenes seemed so authentic.

I caught it on Amazon Prime Video, but there was a PBS credit at the very front of every episode. So I guess it originally aired there. It is 6, ~1 hour episodes.  The tractors showed up around episode five. They used a windscreen type cab and roller tracks over the front and rear wheels to pull sleds of supplies for their Antarctic expedition.  Ultimately, they made it to the South Pole with those tractors(If the TV show can be believed. I did not corroborate the fact).

I enjoyed it and think everyone here will.   I think it was simply called “Hillary”.   Covers most of his first 50 years.

Spencer Yost