[AT] AT snow blower.

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 8 22:06:19 PST 2019

Many big parking lots in this area have a piece of snow removal equipment parked year around in the lot so it is there when it is needed. Lately, it tends more to be a skid steer loader or a compact track loader with a wide box blade that the bucket hooks to. In the recent past it tended to be a small front loader. The wide box blade can scrape the pavement and  push snow into piles.

Ten years ago I watched a big parking lot in the Indianapolis area get cleared after a big storm.  They were using a 4WD JD with green loader to load the piled snow into semi trailer dumps for removal. The JD was hauled away after the last snow pile was gone. I have seen flat city park space used to hold the dumped snow.

[James Peck] The cover of the January 2019 issue of Ferguson Furrows has a cover photo of  a fine looking MF 35 Deluxe using a three point snow blower in 10 to 12 inches of snow. I have personally never operated a tractor with a snow blower attached.

10 years ago I was in the Syracuse NY area after a major storm. I saw a compact track loader with hydraulically driven snowblower at work. Snow plows had pushed up files of snow around the edges of a parking lot. The CTL with blower was eating into the piled snow and blowing it forward out of the parking spots, leaving all of them useable. I enjoyed seeing the operator rotate the nozzle from the cab. Was it more productive than a tractor with loader? Maybe. It definitely took up less space.