[AT] 620 day

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Fri Feb 1 16:40:33 PST 2019

Five inches of new snow overnight last night meant I needed the 620 and rear
blade today, and as is always the case when I get the old girl out I think
"This is one heck of a fine machine."   It's been below freezing pretty
continuously here for weeks, sometimes way below, so the ground is frozen
good and hard and I could plow snow with the blade cutting forward, rather
than back-blading, without digging up the gravel much.   That made for
faster work, but I still found plenty to do to keep the 620 busy for the
better part of a couple hours.   Sounded good, felt good, power steering
smooth as can be, brakes wonderfully effective when I needed them,
three-point nicely responsive and consistent.   Just a darn good solid and
capable old tractor.

More often than not, though, the Super M remains my go-to tractor since it's
more likely that I just need to haul a wagon somewhere than to use a
three-point implement, and my beat-up old single-axle trailer stays hitched
to the Super M most of the time.   That tractor is easier to get on and off,
and easier for me to back up (foot clutch vs hand clutch, especially since I
tend to look back over my right shoulder when I'm backing up), and by the
way it's just a darn good solid and capable old tractor.

When I get to thinking about comparing those two fine old row-crops, I
usually end up at "Now if I just had an Oliver 77..."

Dean Vinson
Saint Paris, Ohio