[AT] Antique tractors that are too expensive

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Dec 22 09:42:54 PST 2019

My experience is that if I find something that no one wants at an
auction, there will always be someone who bids against me.  I bought my
swather trailer at an auction for $750.  Only one other bidder.  I had
to move the 2 swathers that I had bought at the same auction.  I asked
the guy if he wanted to buy it when I got my swathers hauled.  His reply
was that he would give me $500 for it if I would haul it a hundred miles
south to his lot.   I won't print what I told him to do.  I would have
liked to return the favor when he was bidding again, but I refuse to
lower myself to that level.
This is the reason I do not like auctions.

Cecil