[AT] [OT] Has anyone seen one of these??

Jim Becker mr.jebecker at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 08:26:47 PST 2019

Meanwhile, I have heard that 50 to 60 cycles is the optimum if you want to cause fibrillation.

My parent’s house, built in 1950, was wired with fuses rather than circuit breakers.  So the changeover was something after that.

If you go back 100 years or so, they wired houses with fuses on both sides of each circuit.  Eventually somebody realized that if the neutral fuse blew, you then had a non-functioning circuit that was still energized.  That probably was an unpleasant surprise for a lot of people before they realized it wasn’t a good idea to fuse the neutral.

Jim Becker