[AT] repairing machined tractor parts

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 7 07:16:17 PST 2019

Key here was that the drawings already existed to reproduce the part.  A shift fork needs to have considerable strength. How would building up a damaged one from metal deposition have worked.

Henry Miller AT List Member and Deere insider (hank at millerfarm.com); <snip> We (John Deere) had someone looking for a shift fork for the transmission in their 1991 tractor a few years ago. No spare parts left in inventory, and the pattern was destroyed years ago, so we 3d printed one from the engineering drawings. <snip>

Tractor Jack Overeducated and Undertrained AT List Member (jacktractor at live.com); The shortcoming of this for the repair of unavailable tractor  parts is that you need a CAD file of a good part first.

https://www.imeche.org/news/news-article/feature-retrofit-transforms-legacy-machine-tools-to-keep-worn-parts-in-use?