[AT] O/T Field Tile

Alan Nadeau reloader1968 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 14:38:54 PST 2019

My guess would be that it was another variation of drainage tile, hence the
common name of "Field Tile".  Way back, about the time the dinosaurs died
off there was a lot of it used around here.  It was usually around 4" OD
and 16-18" long.  I recently found some, in the process of digging a
drainage ditch, that was smaller and looked like this " *O* " a round,
hollow tube with a flat base.  The hole was about 2" ID.  I never thought
to salvage any of the intact pieces.

It was laid, end to end in a trench, and buried.  Water could seep in
through the joints as could fine solids.  I never could figure out how it
could help but plug solid in short order.