[AT] Rivets and rivet countersink

jdnut at aol.com jdnut at aol.com
Sat Dec 28 19:28:52 PST 2019

Happy New Year,Since it is quiet on the list.... I will see if there are ideas for several different rivet jobs I have in the future.  This is Deere stuff, ca. 1936 to 1945, clutch pulley brakes, service brake on a BR, and something else that escapes my mind right now.  Some holes are larger than they were original, ... and with the different projects, I need a variety of diameters, and lengths.  I have the brake lining, just need to cut to length.  I have a very old thing to make a big drill into a drill press, that I think will work well to set the rivets.  If I still lived in Santa Maria, I would take to Coast Clutch and Brake, but my basic research up here indicates the closest shop for riveting like I need is 250 miles away.
So, question #1, .... is there a source for rivets without having to buy 100 at a time?
Question #2, .... I think I will need at least three different countersinks.  I bought some brake rivets from the Model A Ford place, and they had a countersink for those..... basically looked like a dulled down spade bit.
If that is what it takes, I can buy a couple of bits that are close, and use my grinder and a file to make them look like the countersink from the Model A Ford place.
Thanks in advance for reading.  Take care,
John Ferndale, CA