[AT] How had the group change

John Wilson john.kathy.wilson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 15:59:08 PST 2019

I was a member back in the Forsyth County server days and for a long while
afterwards. I had a Farmall H, Super M and 450, as well as a Ford 8N.
Learned a bunch reading the list and really enjoyed playing with my old
toys. Kids got older and I was just spending too much time keeping
equipment running. A hobby had to go, and it was the old tractors. I bought
a Deere 2640, then a Kubota 8560 and sold the old stuff.

Still enjoy reading the list. I enjoy seeing some of the old names and feel
sad to think about all the wise folks and their knowledge that has been
lost over the years.

Sorry Spencer that I didn’t know some archives weren’t available. I had
years and years worth of digest emails that I deleted only about a year ago.

A little aside that I was very proud of. My 450 had been sitting in the
barn without running for more than 7 years. a guy who knew a guy I know
heard I had it and wondered if I’d sell it. I went out and pulled it out of
the barn, spent about 15 minutes adding gas and dragging a dollar bill
through the points, and it started on the very first attempt! Love that
simple old equipment!

Of course draining the fuel when I parked it and hooking my battery booster
up twice a year and turning the engine over with a bit of oil in the
cylinders helped!