[AT] OT Lean was Big Truck Pickups

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 1 07:20:37 PST 2019

One of the recommendations for Lean implementation is not to use it to turn a bad situation around.

Steve Offiler AT List member Mechanical Engineer (soffiler at gmail.com); Hold on a second there Mark.  Since I've already stated my position as a proponent of Lean/TPS, I should probably play devil's advocate here.  You imply the application of TPS has caused financial difficulties.  I suspect the reality is the financial difficulties came first, TPS was perhaps one of many tools employed to turn the barge around, and we have no way of knowing whether the decline might have been even worse had they not tried TPS.

Mark Johnson Columbia, MO AT List Member (markjohnson100 at centurylink.net);A former employer (3-letter IT company with a 100+ year history, otherwise to remain nameless) has been trying to apply TPS to information technology services. Its NYSE stock price should tell you how successful they have been...